We know. There is one little annoying thing with our lovely Volvo. There is no aux-in connection. I’ve tried FM-transmitters and copying CDs. It doesn’t work for me anymore. Give me an easy to use and flexible solution to stream music through the car speakers now!
CdConnect is a retrofit aux kit for Volvo S40, V40, S60, S80, XC70 and V70. It is easy to use and works with all music players that have a standard 3.5 mm jack (such as a mobile phone or mp3-player).
You deserve high audio quality at the music of your choice! You deserve CdConnect!
- Installation is easy - plug and play, works without activation at a Volvo-dealer.
- Hassle-free - no batteries, no intelligence, just a stupid 3.5 mm stereo cable.
- Utilizes the stereo’s inlet for the CD-changer which ensures the best possible sound quality.
- Automated production in Sweden with high precision placement of components on circuit board.
- Wired quality sound, wirelessly - with aptX. The bluetooth products supports aptX codex to provide great sound quality.
Rubenson Industri AB has produced over 1000 aux-adapters for SAAB and Volvo.
Original & authentic feeling
There will be no visible changes to your stereo. Route the 3.5 mm cable through any of the storage compartments in the mid-console and you will believe it was factory mounted!
Two main versions - with cable or Bluetooth
CdConnect Volvo can now be supplied with Bluetooth. The Bluetooth product have a built-in amplifier for higher sound and enables the use of the stereo and the steering wheel buttons to change tune on your phone. Please not that the Bluetooth version doesn't contain any opportunity to connect through cable.
Compatible models and stereos
CdConnect Volvo Standard works with HU-401, HU-403, HU-405, HU-450, HU-555, HU-601, HU-603, HU-605, HU-650, HU-655, HU-801, HU-803, HU-850 and HU-1205 for any of these Volvo models:
- Volvo S40 2001-2004
- Volvo S60 1999-2009
- Volvo S80 2001-2005 (1999 and 2000 may work depending on stereo)
- Volvo V40 2001-2004
- Volvo V70 2000-2007
- Volvo XC70 2000-2007
CdConnect Volvo Standard does only work for cars without RTI! As of now, we have temporarily stopped the sales of an RTI compatible unit.
CdConnect Volvo SC firts all Volvo's with SC-XXX stereos, 1994-2000, with exception of S80. The SC-model is also compatible with Volvo C70 2001-2007.
Installation difficulty will vary depending on the car as the stereo has to be removed in order to access its back. More comprehensive installation instructions are available here.
CdConnect Volvo is CE certified and meets high product safety standards
CdConnect is CE-certified. This means that the product meets the requirements of relevant directives and has undergone the prescribed procedure for verifying compliance with the requirements (i.e. test performed by external institutes).
- Electromagnetic compatibility according to EN61000-1, EN61000-2, EN61000-6-3, EN61000-6-4. This means, in short that the product works in the car without behaving strangely or affecting other equipment with respect to the electromagnetic energy that the product is exposed to or create.
- Electromagnetic compatibility according to EN 50498: of 2010. Meets the requirements of this standard for electronic equipment for installation in vehicles.
- Restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment under the RoHS 2 (Directive 2011/65 / EU). This is a legal requirement and involves limiting or completely eliminating the use of six chemicals. One of these chemicals is lead which historically have been used in soldering, and still is in DIY-solution or prototype manufacturers - but not in CdConnect!
- Plug&play is lovelyReview by ob1ken
Love the innstall.
The only negative experience was norwegain taxes. Got 400 NOK in claim, and i paid 995 NOK for the device. 40% is horrible :( (Posted on 7/6/2015)
- Perfect!Review by Patrick
In order to connect it to the SC-901 car stereo in my Volvo S70 the yellow wire (12V+) of the adapter had to be attached to one of the two brown/green-colored wires leading to the car stereo.
Delivery also was fast! (Posted on 5/4/2015)