CdConnect Volvo cable
CdConnect Volvo cable is a retrofit aux kit for Volvo S40, V40, S60, S80, XC70 and V70. It is easy to use and works with most music players.
This is the cable version of CdConnect Volvo. For compatible models and head units, see below.
- Easy insatllation - plug and play, works without activation at a Volvo-dealer.
- Hassle-free - no batteries, no intelligence, just a 3.5 mm stereo cable.
- Utilizes the stereo’s inlet for the CD-changer to give the best possible audio quality - not at all comparable to FM transmitters. (Still, our CdConnect Volvo Bluetooth offers superior audio quality, less tear and wear and has a built-in amplifier)
- Automated production in Sweden with high precision placement of components on circuit board.
- CE certified and RoHS 2 compliant - for your safety and the environment.
Please note that there is no control of phone with steering wheel buttons.
Original & authentic feeling
There will be no visible changes to your stereo. Route the 3.5 mm cable through any of the storage compartments in the mid-console and you will believe it was factory mounted!
Compatible models and stereos
CdConnect Volvo cable works with HU-401, HU-403, HU-405, HU-450, HU-555, HU-601, HU-603, HU-605, HU-650, HU-655, HU-801, HU-803, HU-850 and HU-1205 for any of these Volvo models:
- Volvo S40 2001-2004
- Volvo S60 1999-2009
- Volvo S80 2001-2005 (1999 and 2000 could work depending on stereo)
- Volvo V40 2001-2004
- Volvo V70 2000-2007
- Volvo XC70 2000-2007
CdConnect Volvo Standard does only work for cars without RTI!
Installation difficulty will vary depending on the car as the stereo has to be removed in order to access its back. The basic principle is that the stereo needs to be partly removed from the panel in order to access the connectors on the back.
Once the stereo is removed:
- Connect the black and round metal contact to the corresponding connector at the stereo. It will only fit at one place.
- Connect the square-like and black contact to the CdConnect intelligence box.
- Connect the two green contacts to each other.
- Put the CdConnect intelligence box behind the stereo and route the 3.5 mm audio cable through the panel (usually there are some storage compartments in the mid-console through which it is suitable to let the cable out).
- Assemble the car and the interior you have removed. Turn on the ignition, press the CD-button twice and connect whatever music player you would like to the 3.5 mm jack and ENJOY!
- Doesn't work? For some stereos it is necessary to physically disconnect the power in order for the stereo to recognize that it now has a "Cd-changer".
A side note: When the power is disconnected to some, especially older, stereos you may need the radio code to reactivate it.
CdConnect Volvo is CE certified and meets high product safety standards
CdConnect is CE-certified. This means that the product meets the requirements of relevant directives and has undergone the prescribed procedure for verifying compliance with the requirements (i.e. test performed by external institutes).
- Electromagnetic compatibility according to EN61000-1, EN61000-2, EN61000-6-3, EN61000-6-4. This means, in short that the product works in the car without behaving strangely or affecting other equipment with respect to the electromagnetic energy that the product is exposed to or create.
- Electromagnetic compatibility according to EN 50498: of 2010. Meets the requirements of this standard for electronic equipment for installation in vehicles.
- Restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment under the RoHS 2 (Directive 2011/65 / EU). This is a legal requirement and involves limiting or completely eliminating the use of six chemicals. One of these chemicals is lead which historically have been used in soldering, and still is in DIY-solution or prototype manufacturers - but not in CdConnect!
|Model||S40 II, V40 II, V70N, XC70 II, S60 I, S80 I|